• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO is turning "P2W"?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

:(

Posted

Might just be a accident they do that alot with our version they forget to change little lines of code for instance when doing a quest line for the NPC trader in sand grain bazaar you can see the quest tells you to open your L menu and select sifting and sift the muddy water to make purified water but the action is called thinning. So I just assume that since Pearl Abyss is the people who send Daum Games the patches and Daum Games just installs them with giving back feedback from us. So I would just assume it's not ment to be there maybe they'll remove it or leave it there but not add the item.

P.S. we also have the option to change our horses appearance but no horse appearance change coupon exists as of current patch BUT the option to change your horses appearance has been in the game since launch ALSO in he luxury vender on the outfits they sell (which are life skill outfits like gathering, fishing, cooking, etc) it says use a costume change coupon to turn this into a outfit but when it's turned into a outfit it cannot be sold on the market place so meaning if they did add this then all you'd be able to do is wear say 2 life skill outfits at the same time or wear a trader outfit over your armor and be able to have 150 LT more carry weight but then you wouldn't be able to use your cash shop costume which gives better stats but I guess you can switch out. personally I'd want it so I wont have to keep switching from my trainers outfit to my traders outfit when trading because I forget every time :P. Also the item doesn't exist in our version either and these outfits have been in game since launch.

Casuals will be able to compete with the no lifers. This is good.

I'd rather have this game be rewarding for those who put time into it rather then who had deepest pockets like how archeage was spent 6 months doing trade runs every day made like 100gold a day but because apex was so much all the work I did was spent on keeping my patreon just so I can keep farming my matts for trade runs to make money so basically in AA if you didn't have IRL money you were -----ed and that's what this will turn into if this gets added.

Posted

Just like pets, dyes, and costumes....

Yea you got a bunch of free dyes from a box and now they are available on the market for silver. They are still working on dying system.

I have 1 free pet from the game already and will have a second free pet in 3 more days.

Costums have no reason to be added in the game for free. They are purely cosmetic.

Posted

They aren't going to add it, it just the description was there cause they was to lazy to remove it and they can just make life easier and say they are not going to add it via forums. How much work is writing one forum post really.

Posted

Yea you got a bunch of free dyes from a box and now they are available on the market for silver. They are still working on dying system.

I have 1 free pet from the game already and will have a second free pet in 3 more days.

Costums have no reason to be added in the game for free. They are purely cosmetic.

Events aren't the same thing as "a way to earn them in game". 
None of the stuff in the pearl shop is earnable in game. 

Posted (edited)

If they were purely cosmetic, that would be true, but they're not. Vision range can help you (especially on horse in node wars) and 10% xp helps too. 100 Stam from offhand is also quite useful in pvp in some situations and can be the difference between life and death, especially for classes that have stamina as one of their damage output bottlenecks.

Edited by Clearing

Posted

Events aren't the same thing as "a way to earn them in game". None of the stuff in the pearl shop is earnable in game. 

You can still earn dyes via loyalty store and anything that can be obtained by free is considered obtainable ingame.

Posted

You can still earn dyes via loyalty store and anything that can be obtained by free is considered obtainable ingame.

That is not what the guy said, nor is it the same as getting "in game". 

Posted (edited)

So if they cost 3949183821 loyalties and you could save up for them in 2 years time, and on top of that, a lot of actually must-have things like character weight and character slots (extra passive energy gain, AH alts, profession alts, amity alts, etc) were also only obtainable through either loyalties or pearls, they would still be considered obtainable in-game?

I mean, technically they are, but realistically...

Do you know how long it takes to merely unlock all character slots via loyalties?

You can't throw your effort at these things /loyalty items) and gain them, which makes them different from things like fishing rods, buff foods and gear when it comes to obtainability in game.

Edited by Clearing

Posted

100 Stam from offhand is also quite useful in pvp in some situations and can be the difference between life and death, especially for classes that have stamina as one of their damage output bottlenecks.

100 stam isn't even one full dodge for most classes without speccing into dodge to reduce the evasion cost.

Posted

100 stam isn't even one full dodge for most classes without speccing into dodge to reduce the evasion cost.

You're left with 100 stam instead of 200 stam, enjoy otherwise avoidable death.

Posted

:(

srry bro, go somewhere else to spend your money in order to show how good you are

Posted

srry bro, go somewhere else to spend your money in order to show how good you are

So I have to go back to Archeage ;<

Posted

You're left with 100 stam instead of 200 stam, enjoy otherwise avoidable death.

Which would be valid if stamina wasn't so easy to manage.

If 100 stamina makes or breaks you then you have way deeper problems than your costume.

Posted

Was P2W from the start...

Posted

33947fbdcacd7c5f2736bc81b482cbb3.png

I realize those stones are not in the game YET, but why would they have added the information to the enhancement window, if they wouldn't be adding this feature relatively soon? FeelsBadMan

no its not. Quit shitposting

Posted

No valks cry plz we dont need p2w items in this game ty

Posted

casuals don't spend money on mmos.

Because no lifers are the ones with money and jobs -_- ??

Posted (edited)

casuals dont care enough about games to spend real money

only bads spend money to enhance skill companies know that that's why so many MMO's went that route before

Edited by DarkHoliday

Posted (edited)

So if they cost 3949183821 loyalties and you could save up for them in 2 years time, and on top of that, a lot of actually must-have things like character weight and character slots (extra passive energy gain, AH alts, profession alts, amity alts, etc) were also only obtainable through either loyalties or pearls, they would still be considered obtainable in-game?

I mean, technically they are, but realistically...

Do you know how long it takes to merely unlock all character slots via loyalties?

You can't throw your effort at these things /loyalty items) and gain them, which makes them different from things like fishing rods, buff foods and gear when it comes to obtainability in game.

The thing is they aren't worth that much, a dye box is 200 and if a guy spends 200 loyalty and can proceed to walk around fully dyed after a week or so, may not be the best looking dye job, but hey he got all those dyes for free not to mention. You get free loyalties for playing for a certain amount of time and as for character weight I only need one more and I've gotten my fourth and final one I can get for my main so not bothering me and as for character slots I have 6 slots and I never purchased any, they gave us a free one because blader came out and they are probebly gonna do the same with ninja. As for extra passive energy gain they litteraly took out 50% of what energy was used for processing no longer takes energy and I also have 5 alts making energy pots (also you can sleep for 2x or 3x energy gain). I actually ended up with so much energy that I started to farm for extra matts for cooking when I already had 9 nodes sent out to gather for making beer and even then I still went and bought matts off the AH to make even more beer and stop sitting at 100% energy for like a whole day only thing I spend energy on anymore is cooking and farming and some hunting but I also make steel with workers getting iron processing that and workers getting coal and making steel so like I make a f/u/c/k/ton of money a day and I make more now then I did before and I'm bordering my energy consumption with energy useing (made about 30mill past week) and as for amity f/u/c/k that minigame with a passion I'd rather take all my alts and spam F1 then do the minigame. And they are obtainable through ingame because all ya gotta do is play the game and log in once a day and you can get that stuff and and I never needed a AH alt just either preorder or purchased it myself. And after I get all my weight moving on to bag space. And I'd call logging in once a day effort enough especially for those people who can't play the game that much do to work,education, and family/friends. So to them it's effort enough to find time to even log in.

no its not. Quit shitposting

He's not shit posting he saw this and asked why would this be in the game if they weren't going ot add it which there are many reason why it would be there, He just doesn't know the reasons so he asked a question cause he's concerned about a game he plays.

Is this a f/u/c/k/ing problem for you to understand sir?

To hard for you to comprehend the differance between a question and a shit post?

like forreal don't be a d/i/c/k all because somone saw something and asked a question.

P.S. Don't be a teacher : D

Edited by DarkMagic

Posted

The thing is they aren't worth that much, a dye box is 200 and if a guy spends 200 loyalty and can proceed to walk around fully dyed after a week or so, may not be the best looking dye job, but hey he got all those dyes for free not to mention. You get free loyalties for playing for a certain amount of time and as for character weight I only need one more and I've gotten my fourth and final one I can get for my main so not bothering me and as for character slots I have 6 slots and I never purchased any, they gave us a free one because blader came out and they are probebly gonna do the same with ninja. As for extra passive energy gain they litteraly took out 50% of what energy was used for processing no longer takes energy and I also have 5 alts making energy pots (also you can sleep for 2x or 3x energy gain). I actually ended up with so much energy that I started to farm for extra matts for cooking when I already had 9 nodes sent out to gather for making beer and even then I still went and bought matts off the AH to make even more beer and stop sitting at 100% energy for like a whole day only thing I spend energy on anymore is cooking and farming and some hunting but I also make steel with workers getting iron processing that and workers getting coal and making steel so like I make a -----ton of money a day and I make more now then I did before and I'm bordering my energy consumption with energy useing (made about 30mill past week) and as for amity ----- that minigame with a passion I'd rather take all my alts and spam F1 then do the minigame. And they are obtainable through ingame because all ya gotta do is play the game and log in once a day and you can get that stuff and and I never needed a AH alt just either preorder or purchased it myself. And after I get all my weight moving on to bag space. And I'd call logging in once a day effort enough especially for those people who can't play the game that much do to work,education, and family/friends. So to them it's effort enough to find time to even log in.

He's not shit posting he saw this and asked why would this be in the game if they weren't going ot add it which there are many reason why it would be there, He just doesn't know the reasons so he asked a question cause he's concerned about a game he plays.

Is this a f/u/c/k/ing problem for you to understand sir?

To hard for you to comprehend the differance between a question and a shit post?

like forreal don't be a ----- all because somone saw something and asked a question.

P.S. Don't be a teacher : D

your triggered tears of butthurt gives me great joy. It was a shit post and nothing more and OP knows it

image.jpeg

Posted

your triggered tears of butthurt gives me great joy. It was a shit post and nothing more and OP knows it

image.jpeg

Your intelligence is showing

577d4580ed8c1_And_its_gone.thumb.jpg.b3c

Posted

Which would be valid if stamina wasn't so easy to manage.
If 100 stamina makes or breaks you then you have way deeper problems than your costume.

Do you pvp much? If you haven't noticed situations where having 100 more or less stamina would be significant, you are not observing well.

It's not simply an issue of "managing" stamina. How much stamina you have will in many cases decide what you can and can't do and managing it is merely trying to do things you can't do (but could do with more stamina). It is a limitation and its not insignficant. You don't notice it, but you have died in many situations where you wouldn't have with 100 more stamina, or where you could have killed someone if you had 100 more stamina, even as classes that only use them for movement/iframes. It is easy to think up scenarios where this would be true even if you yourself personally don't notice them when they happen to you or people you are fighting. 

Even as a wizard, arguably the class least limited by stamina, I still notice stamina as a limitation.

This should not even have to be discussed and I'm just going to leave it at that with this post.

Posted (edited)

Do you pvp much? If you haven't noticed situations where having 100 more or less stamina would be significant, you are not observing well.

It's not simply an issue of "managing" stamina. How much stamina you have will in many cases decide what you can and can't do and managing it is merely trying to do things you can't do (but could do with more stamina). It is a limitation and its not insignficant. You don't notice it, but you have died in many situations where you wouldn't have with 100 more stamina, or where you could have killed someone if you had 100 more stamina, even as classes that only use them for movement/iframes. It is easy to think up scenarios where this would be true even if you yourself personally don't notice them when they happen to you or people you are fighting. 

Even as a wizard, arguably the class least limited by stamina, I still notice stamina as a limitation.

This should not even have to be discussed and I'm just going to leave it at that with this post.

So your response to what is something like a 7% (6.6666667 for me) stamina buff is "do you even pvp?"

K, pretty clear where this conversation is going so let me just give you the defacto GIT GUD SKRUB.

Edited by bakimono