• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Server Configuration

Multiple Servers Per Region   3,543 votes

1. 1. Multiple Servers Per Region

• 01-05 Channels per Server.
    • 05-10 Channels per Server.
    • I do not want multiple servers per region.
  2. 2. Single Server Per Region (Mega-Server)

• No, I do not want a single server (Mega-Server) per region.
    • Yes, I want a single server (Mega-Server) per region with enough channels to fit the entire player-base of that region.
  3. 3. If Dynamic Channels are possible.

• I would want multiple servers per region.
    • I would want a single server per region.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,445 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Greetings,

Server Configuration has been a topic of multiple discussions across several threads.  This has lead us to two threads with varying solutions, and in turn uneven votes across the various polls.  To remedy this I have started this thread and the attached poll to serve as a single outlet for this discussion and provide a consolidated area to leave your constructive discussion.  Attached you will find three polls, you are welcome to vote on each to provide feedback. 

In regards to Dynamic Channels, this is a concept to allow for additional channels that are turned on and off automatically as needed to facilitate the players online.  As an example let's say that there are 5 channels; each channel is at 80% capacity.  When this happens an additional channel is activated, and once the total population online falls below the threshold the additional channels are closed and players still in it/them are relocated to a remaining channel (along with any workers in the channel with them).  Dynamic channels is not a feature available in any region currently and is just a concept, hence why it has a stand alone poll.

Clarification

• When I refer to "Region" I mean NA and EU.

Previous Discussions

Edited by CM_Jouska
Added links to previous discussions.
28 people like this

Posted (edited)

Those questions can be VERY miss leading the way you posted them

For clarification.. Single = Mega Server, we don't want that.

Edited by Catch
4 people like this

Posted

That was really awkward way to word this, Singer server = Mega server,

Posted (edited)

Nah, It's decently set up. If players know what mega and multi servers really mean. They'll know what to vote for.

It even seems like the top response for each questions is in favor of multi servers.

Edited by Thinker

Posted

Greetings,

Server Configuration has been a topic of multiple discussions across several threads.  This has lead us two threads with varying solutions, and in turn uneven votes across the various polls.  To remedy this I have started this thread and the attached poll to serve as a single outlet for this discussion and provide a consolidated are to leave your constructive discussion.  Attached you will find three polls, you are welcome to vote on each to provide feedback. 

In regards to Dynamic Channels, this is a concept to allow for additional channels that are turned on and off automatically as needed to facilitate the players online.  As an example let's say that there are 5 channels; each channel is at 80% capacity.  When this happens an additional channel is activated, and once the total population online falls below the threshold the additional channels are closed and players still in it/them are relocated to a remaining channel (along with any workers in the channel with them).  Dynamic channels is not a feature available in any region currently and is just a concept, hence why it has a stand alone poll.

Previous Discussions

This is good jouska...I think a poll where you can control it is better than all of us bickering about it...so, this is the final last topic, glad you did this...well done.  Some of the wording is a little confusing...but eh...

Posted (edited)

l will just post what l said in another thread; in an ideal world where all players would stick around and servers would stay active and populated a Multi server system would be the best option by far.

Sadly we do not live in that ideal world, people will drop off, at an even more increasing pace once their server starts to get deserted. We have seen that happen countless times in other games. Then comes the merger; which is never soon enough, with all the mess it causes for the overlapping guild properties creating a huge mess about hard earned resources. l would much rather avoid that mess and have a system that will work in the long run. But a static mega server is not the answer.

Right answer is a regional (ingame) dynamic mega server. Starter zones will need close to hundred channels at starts but endgame zones will need only a handful; which then will balance out and then move towards other end. That kind of dynamic system woul be best for the long term health of the game.

Edited by Mynban
28 people like this

Posted

Poll options seem a bit wierd. Like either

Multiple servers - No Channels or Dynamic channels, with a cap on 3-4 channels at the most.

Or 

One Mega server for each region with Dynamic channels.

Posted

That was really awkward way to word this, Singer server = Mega server,

Updated terminology.

Posted

i like this poll. its clear cut and coveres pretty much everything. voted allready :ph34r:

Posted (edited)

I think it's worded fine, if this issue is important to you (it should be), you'll make sure to read the poll carefully anyway.

Also it looks like multi-servers are winning by a landslide, awesome. 

Edited by Technicolor Type

Posted

If it's at all possible I'd suggest protecting the poll from people spamming votes from alt accounts

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

EDIT: To the people who are claiming a megaserver is laggy because KR and RU is laggy, maybe they should consider the fact they are living in EU/NA, and the KR/RU servers are located too far away from the targeted area of service.

I'd just like to list the pro's of a single server with dynamic channels:

1) No free grind spots, comprtition is enhanced.

2) The world never feels dead, something that will eventually happen in multiple servers.

3) No need for merges.

Edited by Dim
23 people like this

Posted

If it's at all possible I'd suggest protecting the poll from people spamming votes from alt accounts

I talked to jouska about this before, those people will get banned...trust...

Posted

The mods know when you duplicate vote.

Posted

When you say region do you mean east/west coast?..

Posted (edited)

l will just post what l said in another thread; in an ideal world where all players would stick around and servers would stay active and populated a Multi server system would be the best option by far.

Sadly we do not live in that ideal world, people will drop off, at an even more increasing pace once their server starts to get deserted. We have seen that happen countless times in other games. Then comes the merger; which is never soon enough, with all the mess it causes for the overlapping guild properties creating a huge mess about hard earned resources. l would much rather avoid that mess and have a system that will work in the long run. But a static mega server is not the answer.

Right answer is a regional(ingame) dynamic mega server. Starter zones will need close to hundred channels at starts but endgame zones will need only a handful; which then will balance out and then move towards other end. That kind of dynamic system woul be best for the long term health of the game.

A channels spawns the entire world, so it's not about zones. That would be optimal, but with current channels, any incarnation of single server would be terrible

EU/NA...

Capture.PNG

Why are people stupid...

Edited by insert_brain
5 people like this

Posted

Right answer is a regional(ingame) dynamic mega server. Starter zones will need close to hundred channels at starts but endgame zones will need only a handful; which then will balance out and then move towards other end. That kind of dynamic system woul be best for the long term health of the game.

This is why we have multiple servers with multiple channels, for example with 1-5 channels each. When the amount of players drop in servers you simply just reduce the amount of channels on the certain server.

Also if it would come to server merges, it is easy in this game. Housing are instanced and names are shared across the region. Castles/sieges change owner weekly so no problem.

Posted

regions should be NA and EU

Posted

I mean EU and NA, OP has been updated to reflect this.

1 person likes this

Posted

So some people both want a single server per region, but at the same time don't?

Wat.thumb.png.80ce5fd5023c5c623f17c873c0

Posted (edited)

If we have multiple servers, they should allow us to be able to transfer servers (for pearls/mileage obviously)

nothing worse than being stuck on a server you hate with nothing to do about it, and starting over isn't a good idea or worth it.

Edited by Zev
29 people like this

Posted

Mega server for one simple reason, balance of power..

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

So some people both want a single server per region, but at the same time don't?

They may have been confused. It's okay. We know they meant they wanted a multi server. I'm actually realizing mow from previous threads that the single server dynamic region would be like migrating hosts in COD. Ugh why is that even on there? oh never mind 

He just reposted the same thing for NA and EU. That is weird.

Edited by Thinker

Posted

multi severs cause mega sever leaves to many options of ch jumping

1 person likes this

Posted

Those are the people that don't understand certain aspects of technology, for example...wanting a megaserver with no channels....obviously not possible...or an example, that DIM guy thinking that each channel could house 10000 players...when we know that is not possible...so...some just don't understand basic technology...which I'm sure they expect.